Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Independence Day

Life has been crazy, but since I know this baby will be here soon I am going to try to attempt to do a quick update of the summer. I will start with Independence Day, The 4th of July. This day is a very important day to me. I was raised in a very patriotic family, so I look forward to this holiday all year long. This is the first year ever that I wasn't celebrating with any of my family. I have to admit I had a hard time. The Sunday before at church we sang the Star Spangled  Banner. I got so choked up I just sobbed. I felt so proud to be a part of this country and I cried because I wished I could hear my dad sing the song. It is a special moment when he sings our Nation's song. I don't think there are many people who sing it with more emotion than he does. Anyway, I talked to my dad the morning of Independence day and felt so homesick I could hardly stand it. Luckily, we were able to spend the day with all of Jason's family and it turned out wonderfully. We had so much fun. We started the day with a yummy breakfast. Then we walked down the street and watched the parade. We finished off the day with a barbecue and watched the Middleton fireworks from the backyard of my parent in-laws house. The day was awesome. Here are some cute pics:










No comments: