This, I am afraid, will be a very long post. There are so many pictures and so much to talk about when it comes to Easter. We went up to Pine, where Jason's Grandparents live and had a blast. We were able to have fun with lots of family and enjoy the beauty of the Mountains. Maddilyn participated in her first Easter Egg hunt and we ate lots of yummy food. We spent the night in the grandparents hotel and it really was fun, especially the part where Maddilyn cried until almost 2 and wouldn't sleep. But, Easter morning was worth it. We woke up and gave her her Easter Basket which was full of Bible Stories and 1 egg. She was ecstatic. I think her favorite book was the one with Baby Jesus. She kept saying "Baby" and "Jesus" all morning. We spent part of the day at his grandparent's camp site taking pictures by the river. Wow!!! It was beautiful. I miss hiking and camping so much. This summer it is a must, I don't care how big and awkward I will be, we are going on a hike!!!!! Spending time with family was so wonderful and rewarding. Jason and I both came home so happy and so glad we had that time with family. It was perfect. The best part of the day, for me, came when we were home. Maddilyn wasn't feeling well and wouldn't sleep. She cried and cried. So, I went and got her from her crib. She just wouldn't stop crying. I had the feeling I needed to put on a movie about Jesus Christ. I put on the movie "Finding Faith in Christ." For those who have not seen it, you need to. It depicts events from the Bible about Jesus' life. Maddilyn was captivated. She adores Jesus, to the point where she actually pretends to tickle him before she goes to be every night. She couldn't take her eyes off the movie and every time she saw Jesus she said his name in the sweetest voice you can imagine. Her eyes were big and she was no longer sick, no longer sad, just the happiest sweetest baby ever. Jesus is the Christ!!!! Even, a little 16 month old girl knows it. My testimony of my Savior grows stronger every day and I know that Maddilyn's love for "Jesus" only shows me daily how amazing he really is. I hope you all had an amazing Easter!!!!
Jason's mom bought these adorable Easter dresses for Maddilyn and Jillian. They wore them the week Bradley was blessed. They are adorable.
2 comments:
Oh she is just SO cute, Anne! I love the pictures of her in her Easter dress and her cute bedhead and pj's opening her Easter basket. Such a sweet story about Jesus too! You'll have to tell me where you got those books about Jesus, we need more of those.
I would love to meet your little girl! Looks like you had quite the adventurous Easter! Who needs sleep? I hope your pregnancy is going well! When are you due again?
Post a Comment