Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Baby Blessing

On March 7 we had Maddilyn's Baby Blessing at our church. It was a beautiful experience. We were so blessed to have many family members on both sides come. Thank you to all who came, especially those who traveled far to get here. Maddilyn is a beautiful little girl with the sweetest spirit. We love her like crazy.



Before everyone arrived on Saturday, Maddilyn helped me get ready by finishing the laundry.
 She is so helpful.

I was blessed in the same blessing dress as all my sisters and when we were younger we made a pact that we would bless all our girls in the same dress. So, Maddilyn was blessed in our dress and she looked beautiful. I just hope it will still look great when Emily starts having children (Emily is only 15 years old).


My incredibly talented and beautiful sister-in-law made Maddilyn an afghan for the blessing. It was so amazing I almost didn't want anyone to touch it in fear of ruining it. Luckily it survived.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

what a princess!! She fits perfect in that dress! That is a fun idea. You should check out our family blog sometime, too!

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

Just beautiful! I too blessed my daughter Kiera in the same blessing dress I was blessed in. Your sister in law did a beautiful job on that afghan! I just got done sewing a blessing dress for a friend's baby shower this weekend. I hope it will be one to go one for generations too. I put pics of it on my blog. BTW I still need to send you my baby gift.

Jo said...

She's beautiful, Anne! I'm so happy for you!

Michelene said...

That is so neat that she was blessed in the same dress as you and your sisters. It's a very pretty dress and she looks so cute. That afghan is so pretty. I wish I knew how to do that.